GFDA Top 11 for 7/26/2016
1) Networked with agri-processing companies that would benefit from locating in our region at the International Food Technologist's annual Food Expo in Chicago. We will continue these conversations with the goal of bringing some of these companies to the Great Falls region for site visits. To learn more, contact Jolene at 406.750.4481.
3) The Great Falls City Commission approved annexation and zoning for the proposed 216-unit Great Falls North Apartments being developed by The Farran Group. This complex at the intersection of Division and Smelter will be even more exciting than the very successful Talus Apartment Homes. This is a major boost for quality housing and a great addition to the west side of Great Falls.
4) Issued a $50,000 bridge loan commitment to Riverside Hotel Partners LLC to support development of the proposed Springhill Suites in the West Bank Landing development. Thank you to the City Commission for allocating these Community Development Block Grant funds to revolving loan capital to support job creation.
5) Networked with federal leaders at the annual White House Forum on Economic Development. Participated in an Economic Opportunity Roundtable involving the International Economic Development Council, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, the AFL-CIO, Brookings, the Aspen Institute, and the Economic Innovation Group.
6) City Brew plans to open a new store on the west side of town, another exciting redevelopment along the 3rd Street NW commercial corridor. See more details in Tribune story.
7) Visited loan officers in Fairfield, Choteau, Dutton, and Cascade to discuss loan funds available to fill financing gaps for rural businesses. Began underwriting for a large potential loan to conduct environmental remediation and infrastructure improvements on a development project in Great Falls. Met with two new clients looking to create new Great Falls businesses. We have gap and bridge financing available to make your start-up, expansion or real estate project happen anywhere in the Golden Triangle. Contact Mike Archer at MArcher@GFdevelopment.org
8) Construction started on the new copper roof for the Cascade County Courthouse, protecting this historic gem for decades to come.
9) Great Falls College MSU is offering a new two-year computer programming degree involving complex web design and dynamic content. More info in Tribune story.
10) Hosted six entrepreneurs at our July pre-business workshop, LaunchPoint. Helped complete an annual budget for a startup planning to launch in August. Finalized the review of a bank presentation for an east-side development. Continued cash flow projection work with a stabilizing company as it prepares to grow through acquisition and equipment purchases. Ever heard of GrowthWheel? http://www.growthwheel.com Jason Nitschke is one of the only GrowthWheel certified business advisors in Montana. Ask him how a 360 degree assessment can help you find your company's blind spots. JNitschke@GFdevelopment.org
11) Great Falls' Young Professionals are hosting an inaugural Montana Young Professional Summit over the weekend of August 19th-21st in Great Falls. Young Professionals (22 years old to late 30's & 40ish for the young at heart) are invited to visit Great Falls to enjoy our community. It will be a weekend of networking and professional development to create more leads, garner more direct referrals, and build connections amongst working Montana professionals. Register your Young Professionals today to network, exchange ideas and share why they chose Montana as the best place to live, work and connect. To register visit https://mtyoungprofessionals.com/registration/
Thank you to our fantastic Forward Great Falls investors who make possible everything we do!
Untame Your Entrepreneurial Spirit!
Connect with me on LinkedIn to connect with other Great Falls business and community leaders.
Congratulations to Mighty Mo Brewing Company for winning Best of Show at the Great Falls Beer & Gear event, and to The Front Brewing Company, Bowser Brewing, and Black Eagle Brewery for winning awards!
Promote Great Falls thru our weekly Top 10
We'd like to build our email distribution of the Top 10, so feel free to forward this to colleagues, friends and family. If you received this from a friend and want to sign up yourself, you can do sohere or email DHemmah@GFdevelopment.org
Quote of the Week
"You give me the right people, and I don't care what organization you give me. Good things will happen."
Great Falls AgriTech Park
Manufacturers -- 20 or 31.5 acre, rail-served heavy industrial lot in Great Falls AgriTech Park ready for immediate construction start! Gas, electric, water, sewer, fiber, and rail all to your lot line for $30,000/acre. Join Pacific Steel & Recycling, Montana Specialty Mills, Helena Chemical, and Ruedebusch Development in this new industrial park. Contact Brett Doney at 1-406-750-2119 or BDoney@GFdevelopment.org
Signup to get news emailed to you