GFDA Top 15 10/30/2016
GFDA Top 15
Here's the GFDA Top 15 for this week, celebrating great things happening to move Great Falls Forward.
1) Loenbro announced it has started construction of a 7,200 square foot machine shop that will create 36 new primary-sector jobs. The Cascade County Commission approved application for a $600,000 economic development infrastructure loan from the Montana Board of Investments to help finance the $800,000 structure. See more details in Tribune story.
2) The City issued $2 million in building permits for interior renovations of the Great Falls Hampton Inn.
3) The City of Shelby won a $118,800 Big Sky Trust Fund grant from the Montana Department of Commerce to support expansion of Humid Growth Solutions that will create 18 new primary-sector jobs in Toole County.
4) The new Eden Market will open at Trailer Terrace on Lower River Road the week of December 19th after Cascade County updated its zoning to allow for the grocery store and deli. Congratulations to Trailer Terrance resident Don Feist on winning a national award from NeighborWorks America for his leadership in revitalizing the park!
5) Networked with 23 leading domestic and international site selection consultants at the Site Selectors Guild Fall Forum in Little Rock.
6) Networked with site selection consultants from across the U.S. at Area Development's Women in Economic Development Site Selector Forum in Chicago. Met with an out-of-state pulse crop processing company interested in exploring manufacturing opportunities in Montana.
7) Networked at the Governor's Local Food and Agriculture Summit. The event focused on expanding local food systems, growing value-added Ag processing, and exporting our food/ingredients out of Montana.
8) Benefis Health System invested a $112,000 gift in support of nursing and surgical technology programs at Great Falls College MSU.
9) Completed underwriting for a loan to support a company wishing to construct a new building that will allow them to expand their operations in Great Falls. Began underwriting a loan for a second business looking to buy and renovate a building to fuel expansion. GFDA works with lenders statewide to offer SBA 504 Real Advantage loans to purchase or construct commercial real estate and fixed assets with down payments as low as 10%, and low fixed interest rates for 10 or 20 years. If you would like more information about the SBA 504 Real Advantage loans or about GFDA's gap and bridge financing for your business or real estate development, contact Mike Archer at MArcher@GFdevelopment.org
10) Developers and property owners pulled building permits for 13 downtown renovations during the 3rd quarter totaling $371,990. Downtown volunteers donated 7,166 hours to support downtown revitalization and promotion.
11) Presented at the Small Business Opportunity Workshop, "Helping Vets and Business Connect" to share available tools for government contracting. Helped two veteran-owned small businesses with getting paid in the federal payment systems. If you would like more information on contracting with federal, state and local agencies, call Lillian Sunwall at (406) 771-9024 or email at LSunwall@GFdevelopment.org
12) Issued our Forward Great Falls Investor Quarterly Letter. Thank you to our wonderful investors who support economic growth, diversification and the creation of higher wage jobs! Investors, prospective investors and partners are invited to our monthly Development Coffee this Friday, November 4, 7:00 AM at TD&H Engineering.
13) The Great Falls Rotary Club has begun construction on 5 new year-round cabins, marking the final major project in renovating historic Camp Rotary. The Camp serves hundreds of kids from across the region every summer. The renovations will allow Camp Rotary to be available for use throughout the year.
14) Vote, Vote Vote! GFDA's Board strongly supports Initiative 181, Montanans for Research and Cures, that would bolster the McLaughlin Research Institute in Great Falls, the Montana University System, and research at hospitals and private companies across the state. See Tribune editorial and visit www.MontanaCures.org
15) Boots to Business Reboot this Tuesday. Do you know a veteran, active duty military or spouse of either who is kicking around the idea of becoming an entrepreneur? We have a star-studded lineup of specialists ready to guide you down the path of business ownership. Register to attend our free workshop on November 1st at Great Falls College MSU at http://mtsbdc.ecenterdirect.com/events/3650 or email Jason at JNitschke@GFdevelopment.org
Untame Your Entrepreneurial Spirit in Great Falls, Montana!
President and CEO
Connect with me on LinkedIn to network with the Great Falls region.
"Concentrate all your thoughts upon the work at hand. The sun's rays do not burn until brought into a focus."
Alexander Graham Bell
Congratulations to Calumet Montana Refining for its expansion being named Best Energy/Industrial Project of the Year in the mountain states by Engineering News Record!
Congratulations to Benefis Health System on receiving top Five-Star rankings from HealthGrades in many categories!
GFDA Job Openings
We're looking for a great team member. Opening for Commercial Loan Portfolio Manager. We offer competitive salaries with excellent benefits, professional development, growth opportunities, and a flexible work environment. Work with a great team, help us move Great Falls Forward, and make a difference in people's lives! GFDA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Cost-Effective Industrial Sites Available
If your company needs a rail-served, shovel-ready site with all municipal services at your door, we have lots available for immediate construction in the Great Falls AgriTech Park. Contact Brett Doney at 1-406-750-2119 or
Constant Contact Workshop: Grow Your Business with Email and Social Media will be held Wednesday, November 16, in Heritage Hall at Great Falls College MSU from 10:00 AM to 12:30 PM. To register, contact the Center for Lifelong Learning at Great Falls College MSU by calling 406.268.3734, or visit lifelonglearning.gfcmsu.edu and click on the link for upcoming events.