GFDA Top Predictions 2017
GFDA Top 10 Predictions for 2017
Here's the GFDA Top 10 Predictions 2017, anticipating great things happening to move Great Falls Forward. Get ready for an exciting year!
1) Openings. Walmart will open in the new East End Retail Center. Springhill Suites will open in the new West Bank Landing mixed-use development. Town Pump will open its new complex on 10th Avenue South. Montana Eggs will open its new processing facility. Litha, Cargill, Teriyaki Madness and City Brew will be amongst a number of other project completions.
2) Construction Starts. Town Pump will start construction on its new 90-room hotel, and renovate two additional gas stations on 10th Avenue South. Work will start on Hobby Lobby, Petsmart, and Ulta Beauty. Friesen Nutrition will construct its new facility. Pasta Montana's new production line will be installed.
3) New Jobs. FCR will open its new 325-employee customer service center downtown. Growth will continue in a number of primary sector existing companies across the region.
New Announcements.Manufacturing, energy and other primary sector businesses will announce new facilities and expansions. More companies will start construction in the Great Falls AgriTech Park. More new retailers and restaurants will announce they are coming to Great Falls.
5) New Development. Several new mixed-use commercial developments will be announced that will fuel excitement across Montana. A number of these yet-to-be-announced projects will move into construction starts.
6) New Startups. A diversity of exciting new entrepreneurial startups will be announced and open, creating new jobs and improving shopping, recreation and entertainment options available to residents.
7) New Housing. The 72-unit addition to the Talus Apartment Homes will open. The Farran Group will start construction on its new 216-unit development on the west side of town. NeighborWorks Great Falls and GMD Development will secure federal tax credits and start construction on the 124-unit Rockcress Commons mixed-income rental project. Private developers will be encouraged by local and national economic growth to invest in a mix of new housing.
8) Economic Growth. Wage, employment, total earnings, property tax, and metro growth domestic product numbers increase, improving the lives of residents throughout the region.
9) Community Improvements. Great Falls Public Schools will begin work on a variety of school facility improvements. New announcements will be made improving a number of public and non-profit facilities. Work will begin on the next phase of planning for improvements to the ExpoPark, including plans for a major new events center.
10) Team Great Falls. Public, private and non-profit partners will strengthen our efforts to work together to improve our economy and the competitiveness of Great Falls, Cascade County and the surrounding Golden Triangle region.
2017 is going to be a great year for Great Falls and the entire region. We're going to Untame Your Entrepreneurial Spirit in Great Falls, Montana! We are here to help you make things happen that otherwise would not.
President and CEO
Connect with me on LinkedIn to network with the Great Falls region.
"It always seems impossible until it's done."
Cost-Effective Industrial Sites Available
If your company needs a rail-served, shovel-ready site with all municipal services at your door, we have lots available for immediate construction in the Great Falls AgriTech Park. Contact Brett Doney at 1-406-750-2119 or